People sell their homes for a variety of reasons, and whether you’ve changed jobs, you need to be closer to work, downsizing is a great choice right now, or you’re facing repossession, selling your home quick is an absolute must. Unfortunately, the process of selling a home is not always easy. After all, your home might need renovations or changes. More than that, though, you have to first locate a buyer who wants your home. So, how do you even begin the process of selling your house fast? Here are the most common steps people take.
- Determine Your Home’s Value: The first thing to do when you want to sell your home fast is to learn more about your home’s value on the open market. There are actually several ways to do this. Start by looking at the prices of homes that have recently sold in your area. That will help give you some sense of what things are worth in your neighbourhood. From there, use a few different online tools to valuate your home. These tools usually ask for your postcode, size of your home, number of bedrooms, location, and when the home was built. You’ll only get a rough estimate of the worth of your home, but it will help you better understand how to list it.
- Figure Out How Much Equity You Have: The next step is to learn more about how much you might actually make off the sale of your home. You can do that by subtracting the outstanding mortgage from the property’s market value. Determining how much equity you currently have in your home will help you understand what you potentially have to spend on a new property after you’ve sold this one.
- Get Your Home’s Affairs in Order: If you want to sell your house fast, it must be in good shape and presentable. If you have scratched floors, walls that need paint, or terrible kerb appeal, the chances are good that you won’t sell your home quickly. Do small repairs to help it look more presentable, ensure you’ve cleaned it as carefully as possible, and work on your home’s kerb appeal to help reach more potential buyers.
- Consult with an estate agent: There are hundreds of agents in almost every city in the UK, and finding the right one to meet your needs is key if you want to sell your house fast. Consult with your friends and family for recommendations and speak to several agents. Ask about their experiences and the process of selling your home with them. You’ll also want to ask about their commission fee, as most agents charge between two and five percent.
- Choose an Offer: Once you’ve selected an estate agent and had your home listed, all you have to do is sit back and choose an offer from a buyer.
There are other ways to sell your house fast outside of the steps listed above. It is possible to sell your home without an estate agent. While you’ll still need to get a sense of what to charge, how much equity you have, and prepare your home for sale, once you’ve done that, you’ll need to list your home on your own through social media or real estate platforms, then conduct your own home showings. It’s a process that can take quite a bit of your time, but it’s still possible to sell your house fast with this method.
If you are truly in a hurry to sell your home fast, your best bet is to consult with a company that buys homes with cash. Today, there are several home cash buying companies that can seal the deal in a matter of days. Once the company knows a little bit about your home and its location, it will send you a preliminary offer that is contingent on a home survey. Once that step is complete, you will get a final offer with a contract. If you are happy with the contract, you can close the deal by visiting your solicitor; if you do not like the offer, you are at liberty to reject it. In general, home cash buying companies usually offer between 75-80 percent of the total home value.
You Can Sell Your House Fast
Selling your house fast is possible provided you understand the process and your options. As you prepare for your home sale, decide on the method that might be right for you.